RE: Transition Request: (2nd) PER Request for XML Base Second Edition

Yes.  SVG was one spec I had in mind.

I don't exactly agree with what it sounds like Martin said
(though it's hard to say what's a "far cry" when talking
about words like "should").

I agree with what I said:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/chairs/2008JanMar/0087

Remember, LEIRI is just terminology.  We aren't changing
the set of strings that are allowed by these specs or how
those strings should be processed (though hopefully we are
clarifying some fuzzier bits).  So whether you want to change
SVG to use the LEIRI terminology or not, there's nothing
wrong with the SVG spec as written now.

paul