Re: Transition Request: (2nd) PER Request for XML Base Second Edition

Grosso, Paul wrote:

> If you are aware of a spec out there that you think uses
> the LEIRI concept, please let the XML Core WG know, and
> we'll be happy to provide our opinion as to whether it
> should use the LEIRI term or not.

I18N Core WG would also be interested to know as well as provide
guidance. I suspect that many XML instances of IRI really mean LEIRI.

Indeed, I18N will probably produce some guidelines in this area to help
people untangle the knotty problem of too many resource identifiers to
choose from. This probably will take the form of an update to
CharMod-Resid, which we have just inherited from the defunct I18N
Architecture WG.

Addison

--
Addison Phillips