Re: Transition Request: PR Request for Canonical XML 1.1

HI Paul.

Thanks for this request, and sorry for not responding sooner (just back from holidays)...

Please go ahead and schedule the call.  Answers to my question in-line below would be appreciated before the call, if possible.  Everything else looks clear and OK.

Regards,

Steve

-------

On 1/4/2008 10:36 AM, Grosso, Paul wrote:
> The XML Core WG requests transition of
>   Canonical XML 1.1
> available at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2007/12/PR-xml-c14n11-20071211/Overview.html
> to a Proposed Recommendation.
>
> The URL cited above is for the most recent Member-only
> version of the specification as of 2 January 2008 but
> dated 29 January 2008 in anticipation of publication then.
>
> That file is set up to be published by moving it to
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PR-xml-c14n11-20080129/Overview.html
>
> The C14N 1.1 specification had been published on 21 June 2007
> at http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/CR-xml-c14n11-20070621/
> as a Candidate Recommendation.
>
> The CR comments have been considered and resolved, a notification
> of the resolution sent to every commentor, and acceptance of the
> resolution by each commentor recorded in the DoC at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2007/12/CR-c14n11-doc.html
>
> The document being sent to PR contains changes made to
> accommodate CR feedback.  The changes made between CR and
> PR were editorial corrections or clarifications suggested by
> implementation experience.
>
> A review version with changes from the 1.0 version highlighted
> is available at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2007/12/PR-xml-c14n11-20080129-diff.htm
> A review version with changes since the Candidate Recommendation
> version highlighted is available at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2007/12/PR-xml-c14n11-20080129-diff2.htm

sb -- lots of changes in Sec 2.4 and in the appendix since CR.  Could you please summarize the nature and reason for these?  Are they non-normative?

--
Steven R Bratt    mailto:steve@w3.org
Chief Executive Officer