Re: XML 1.0 and XML 1.1

I don't see how that answers my concern about XML.
Some (many) don't.  Like Java.  Like XML Spy.
This conversation started from saying Gee if you're going to *require* an
update to XML 1.0, then this is something else that could be *required* as
well.
"Some do" is a *may* not a *must*.
Just out of curiosity, can you stick an xinclude in the middle of an
attribute value?

John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>
10/30/2007 07:05 PM

Daniel Veillard <daniel@veillard.com>
cc
John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA, Liam Quin <liam@w3.org>,
public-xml-core-wg@w3.org
Subject
Re: XML 1.0 and XML 1.1

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 07:51:10PM +0100, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 11:45:30AM -0700, John Boyer wrote:
>> Just speaking for myself, xinclude doesn't seem to do the job because
xslt
>> engines  don't  resolve xincludes, but they do resolve external entity
>> references.
>
>   Depend which ones... there is nothing preventing XInclude and XSLT
being
> glued together.

Right.

And some do, of course :-)