RE: Proposed resolution of HRRI/IRI discussion (expected schedule)

Martin,

With only a few relatively minor wording issues remaining,
it looks like the XML Core WG will be able to reference the
definition of LEIRIs from your upcoming revision of the
IRI RFC from the various XML related Recommendations that
need to do so (XML 1.0, XML 1.1, XML Base, XLink 1.1, and
XInclude).

We are particularly interested in being able to reference
the definition of LEIRIs from XML Base and XLink 1.1 since
those have been sitting at PER and PR respectively for years.

We are planning to reissue drafts of those specs referencing
LEIRIs as soon as you can make available another ID.  We will
then need to investigate how much further we can progress
our specs until the revised IRI spec is really an RFC.

Can you please give us your best guess as to when we can
expected the next ID and when the revised IRI spec
might become an RFC so that we can plan our schedule.

Thanks,