Re: minutes for the XML Core WG f2f meeting...

On 2006-03-03 04:20:58 -0500, Grosso, Paul wrote:

> John Boyer, Thomas Roessler, Jose Kahan, and Konrad Lanz
> have been added to the public-xml-core-wg@w3.org mailing
> list (and should therefore be getting this email).

As a follow-up to this, here are my scribblings from the C14N
1.1 discussion:

- xml:base with relative URLs can actually change meaning when
  subject to the current c14n algorithm; the right algorithm
  would have to go up the ancestor axis and concatenate things
  appropriately.

  (This has been discussed in more depth on the list in the
  meantime.)

- For xml:id, we have the "moving attributes around" attacks.

- For xml:space and xml:lang, the current algorithm behaves
  correctly.

- id checking (which is a SHOULD in xml:id) should become a
  MUST when xml:id is used in a c14n context.

- non-xml:id ID attributes rely on external schemas for
  validation

- XPath does not include uniqueness checking

I hope these help.

At the same time, regrets for both Jose and myself for this
Wednesday's call; we'll both be at a workshop in New York this
week.

Regards,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C   <tlr@w3.org>