RE: Draft: Transition Request: CR Request for XLink 1.1

Henry, Norm, especially (but others too),

Any comments on this, esp as noted below.

Lacking further input, this document will stand as is.

> ---------------------
> Eventually-to: timbl@w3.org; steve@w3.org
> Eventually-cc: public-xml-core-wg@w3.org; webreq@w3.org;
> chairs@w3.org;
> w3t-comm@w3.org
>

> The XML Core WG requests publication of
>   XML Linking Language (XLink) Version 1.1
> available at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/xmlcore/xlink11/Overview.html @@@
> as a Candidate Recommendation.
>
> The URL cited above is for the most recent Member-only
> version of the specification as of 25 January 2006 but
> dated 31 January 2006 in anticipation of publication then.
> [@@@ Norm, note these dates!]

Norm, I assume you are planning to do one more pass before
COB this Wednesday (I hope to send this in late Wed or
early Thursday).  Please note these dates.

> That file is set up to be published by moving it to
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/CR-xlink11-20060131/Overview.html
>
> The XLink 1.1 specification had been published on 7 July 2005
> at http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xlink11-20050707/
> as a Last Call Specification.  A document containing the
> comments received from other WGs and the public is at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2005/xlink11/lc-status/status-report.html
>
> The Last Call comments have been considered and resolved, and
> a notification of the fact sent to every commenter.  The
> document being sent to CR contains the changes that were made
> to accommodate these comments.
>
> There is a Disposition of Comments outlining the status at
> @@@ [Norm to generate.]

Norm, is there already a URL for this?  Will you be able
to generate this by COB Wednesday?

> The WG's decision to request publication as a Candidate
> Recommendation was taken during a teleconference on
> 25 January 2006 whose minutes may be found at
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/ @@@
>

> SCHEDULE
>
> We propose a publication date of 2006 January 31.

Henry,

How are we doing toward getting a CR call for the end
of this week?

> We propose that the CR period lasts from the date of publication
> until 1 March 2006.  Given the brevity of the specification and
> the current existence of several implementations, we expect to
> to collect the necessary implementation experience in that time.
>
> EXIT CRITERIA
>
> See them within the SOTD quoted below.
>
> PRELIMINARY IMPLEMENTATION REPORT
>
> There is a preliminary Implementation Report at
> http://www.w3.org/XML/2006/01/xlink11-implementation
>
> PROPOSED CR TITLE, ABSTRACT AND STATUS SECTIONS
>
> . . .
>
> [Norm, put the following into the Draft's status section.]

Norm, please put the following into the status section.

All, any comments about these exit criteria?