RE: XML resource identifiers

I'm happy to defer to others on this, but I see both the
"may" and "must" in the previous sentence as non-2119.
In fact, the entire previous sentence is more informative
than an actual normative requirement.  (It's saying "things
happen" not "one MUST do something".)

On the contrary, I'd see the "must" in the following sentence
as a 2119 MUST.

However, it's usually preferable to indicate the actor in
any 2119 MUST.  That is, just who/what MUST do this?  A human
author, an XML processor, an XLink processor, a user agent
(e.g., browser), what?