Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2006 December 6

On 2006-12-04 10:39:36 -0500, Grosso, Paul wrote:

> 3.  C14N

> We plan to approve C14N 1.1 for LC publication at this week's telcon and
> then publish the LC in mid-December in concert with the XML Base PER.
>
> Jose suggested we republish the two WG Notes at the same time.
> We forsee no changes to them except some references to new versions
> of C14N 1.1 and XML Base.
>
> ACTION to Jose and Thomas:  Prepare updated drafts of the two Notes.

During the call, I'd like to agree on a dated URI for the last call
verion of C14N 1.1, for use with the "signatures 2006" note.

I'm wondering a bit what the best thing to do in this regard is --
possibly keeping the URI of an old dated version if there are no
conformance-affecting changes, or tracking changes? Anyway, this
will become more relevant next year.

Another point that I'd like to briefly discuss during this agenda
item is the interaction between this last call and the anticipated
XML Signature Maintenance WG.

Thanks,
--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>