Re: Agenda for XML Core WG telcon of 2005 June 8

Paul Grosso" writes:

> 8.  Associating stylesheets--awaiting TAG action.
>
> Henry noticed that the HTML CG has run into the same issue.
> There is an interaction between media types and secondary
> resource, and there appears to be no consensus on the HTML CG
> as to what should be the case.
>
> Henry asked the HTML CG if they felt this issue should be
> taken to the TAG, but Henry isn't getting a single voice
> out of the HTML CG.  He will continue to work on this.
>
> ACTION to Henry:  Continue to see if this issue should
> be brought to the TAG.

This has been rumbling along in the Hypertext CG -- see threads
starting at

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-cg/2005JanMar/0069.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-cg/2005AprJun/0022.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-html-cg/2005AprJun/0058.html

Most recently [1] we have

  AG: An issue about linking to stylesheets and types, fragments?

  CL: AFAICT HTML chose a solution

  AG: Effect on Stylesheet PI?

  <scribe> ACTION: CL take Stylesheet PI issue to XML CG

But it hasn't made it to the CG yet.  I guess Paul can report our
interest in a solution when it does.  If the CG wants to raise it with
the TAG, a message to www-tag would be the next step.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/05/27-hcg-minutes.html#action01
                     Half-time member of W3C Team
            Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk