Minutes for XML Core WG telcon of 2004 July 7

Attendees
---------
 Paul
 Glenn
 Jonathan off at xx:10
 Sandra
 Norm  xx:10
 Henry
 Daniel
 JohnC
 François

[9 organizations (10 with proxies) present out of 12]

Regrets
-------
Richard
Dmitry
Lew (proxy to the chair)

Absent organizations
--------------------

>1. Accepting the minutes from the last telcon [3] and the current
>   task status [2] (have any questions, comments, or corrections
>   ready by the beginning of the call).

Accepted.

>2. Review of other working drafts. David Fallside requests[12] review
>   of SOAP MTOM, XOP, and SOAP Resource Representation Header.
>
>ACTION to Norm (who has reviewed them):  Send reply to the XMLP WG.

ACTION continue.

>3. Re-chartering.  The Call for Participation is at
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2004AprJun/0058

>Current status is at http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/18796/status

>   publicly archived at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-core-wg/

So noted.

>4. XML errata.  The published 1.0 errata document is [8], the
>   published 1.1 errata document is [9], and the NEW PUBLIC
>   Potential Errata (PE) document is [7].
>
>PE125-129 (all editorial) are in countdown until July 14th.
>
>ACTION to John:  Sanity check PE125-129 before the countdown ends.

Done, all checked out.

>5. Namespaces in XML.
>
>  ACTION to Richard:  Produce a draft for NS1.0 2nd Ed.

Continued.

>6. Xinclude CR was published April 13 at:
>   http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-xinclude-20040413

>ACTION to Sandra:  Produce new tar/zip files and send them to Henry.

Done.

>ACTION to Henry:  Update the test suite cover page at
>http://www.w3.org/XML/Test/XInclude/ with the new files.

Done.

ACTION to Sandra:  Send new report to HT.

ACTION to HT:  Reference appropriately from test suite cover page.

>Regarding IDs and IDREFs, we have some reference fixup wording at:
>http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/CR-xinclude-20040413/#references-property

>but it needs slight modification to account for the fact that
>the references property is a list (at least, that's what the
>scribe thought was the issue).
>
>ACTION to Henry:  Suggest corrected wording for the above referenced section.

ACTION continued.

>The latest issues doc is at:
>http://www.w3.org/XML/Group/2004/06/xinclude-cr-comments-3

>ACTION to Jonathan:  Reflect our decisions in the DoC and respond to commentors.
>
>ACTION to Glenn:  Respond to Eliotte on the comments list about xi-12: xml:lang.

Done.

>ACTION to Jonathan:  Check that we are done with issues and are ready to exit CR.

ACTON continued.

>7. xml:id.
>
>We should say that the values of xml:id must be
>Names according to the XML version of the document.
>
>ACTION: xml:id editors to update the draft to allow XML 1.0 and XML
>        1.1 Names as appropriate.
>
>Jonathan and/or Daniel will drive processing of remaining comments.

We need to get into processing xml:id comments and produce a new draft.

ACTION to Daniel:  Work toward producing a new draft.