RE: TAG opinion on XML Binary Format

Roger Cutler writes:

> It seems to me that the statement "such cases are relatively uncommon"
below is highly dubious

FWIW, while I am in complete agreement with the overall position taken by
the TAG on Binary XML, I do share your concern with the statement above.
Note that it is a quote from the Architecture of the World Wide Web
Recommendation.  Maybe it should be reconsidered if that Recommendation is
ever republished, and perhaps we should not have included it without
qualification in the note sent earlier today.   (speaking for myself and
not officially for the TAG)

Noah Mendelsohn
IBM Corporation
One Rogers Street