RE: RFC3229+feed: XML Deltas have dramatic effect!

Stephen D. Williams wrote:
> RFC3229, which seems to rely mainly on the free-for-RFC3229-only
> VCDIFF algorithm, is quite interesting and instructive in how to
> handle the convoluted issues of HTTP 1.0/1.1 and HTTP caching.
	I don't think it is fair to tie RFC3229 to VCDIFF. The key
contribution of RFC3229 is the definition of the "instance-manipulation"
method and VCDIFF is only one, experimentally registered, method for doing
instance-manipulation. Other methods can be developed, registered, etc. For
instance, once we've got a bit more history with the "feed" IM method[1]
that I've defined for RSS, Atom, etc., I expect to draft an ID and get it
registered.

		bob wyman

[1] http://bobwyman.pubsub.com/main/2004/09/using_rfc3229_w.html