Status & Future of Role Module update (was Re: Agenda 2010-01-06)

regrets for 2010-01-06 -- i have a re-scheduled medical appointment
which will cause me to miss the 6 january 2010 meeting, but i did
want to report on the status of the XHTML Role Module and the
Protocols & Formats working group;

as documented at:

http://www.w3.org/2009/12/16-pf-minutes.html

and:

http://www.w3.org/2009/12/16-pf-irc

the PF WG agreed to accept the Role Module as a deliverable, pending
approval by the WAI Coordination Group and the director of the WAI,
judy brewer; editorship is to be determined by the chairs, but shane
and rich will most probably continue as editors, and markus and i
have also informed the PFWG and the WAI-CG of our willingness to
participate in the re-finalization of the Role Module as the "Role
Module" or "Role Attribute" for use in HTML, XHTML, and XML-derived
dialects/markup languages...

it is expected that the chair and/or staff contact for PFWG will
elaborate on adminisitrative and executive progress on the Role
module at the PFWG's 6 january 2010 meeting, the minutes of which
will be posted to:

http://www.w3.org/2010/01/06-pf-minutes.html

unfortunately, the same conflict that keeps me from attending
tomorrow's XHTML2 call will keep me from the 6 january 2010 PF
WG call, but i will report back to the XHTML2 list when i receive
more stable information, but the nub of this gist is that the
WG agrees that there is a need for a Role Module at the level of
abstraction contained in the XHTML Role Module and is willing to
designate WG participants to workk on such a deliverable...

and a happy and healthy new year to y'all!  gregory.
Trouble sharpens the vision. In our moments of distress we can see
clearly that what is wrong with this world of ours is the fact that
Misery loves company and seldom gets it.
Gregory J. Rosmaita, oedipus@hicom.net
        Camera Obscura: http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/
              Oedipus' Online Complex: http://my.opera.com/oedipus/