Re: XHTML Basic updated

Hi Shane, all.

On 30-Jul-08, at 7:32 AM, Shane McCarron wrote:
> As I am sure you are aware, there are updated XHTML Basic 1.1 and
> W3C Mobile Profile recommendations available.  Associated with (at
> least) XHTML Basic 1.1 is an updated DTD.  Please add this DTD to
> the validator's list of explicitly supported markup languages as
> soon as possible.

Congrats on the REC status for XHTML Basic 1.1!
I updated the catalog, and it should go in production on Friday.

By Friday (if I get enough time without disturbance, and/or if I get
help), I am planning to:
* install squid (HTTP cache) on the validator servers
* setup squid to *only* cache DTDs, schemas, entities, modules (but
cache them very aggressively)
* add an option in the validator config to use caching proxy OR catalog
   (the latter will be default option)

If there is any squid expert around here, with an hour or so to spare,
that would be phenomenal! Please drop me a line.

Thanks.
--
olivier