Re: two mailing lists - is one too many

On 26 Jan 2012, at 16:31, Coralie Mercier wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 11:11:29 +0100, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
>> I think that really depends on the procedures that you at the W3C are
>> allowed to do. So here is what we need to base our decision on:
>> - is it possible for the W3C to move everyone from xg list to public-webid
>>  list without asking each of the people there to do this manually?
>> Henry
>
> Hi Henry
>
> Please, clarify. There are currently 76 people subscribed to public-xg-webid. These people where those who subscribed themselves manually. The participants of the former XG were subscribed automatically and are no longer subscribed.

I have trouble understanding that.
"The participants of the former XG were subscribed automatically and are no longer subscribed."

I suppose you mean the members of the XG were unsubscribed from the mailing list automatically and are no longer subscribed to the XG mailing list.

(I had understood that subscribing to the webid  community group automatically  resubscribed members to the public-xg list)

> Does your question concern the 76 people or the state of the list before we closed the group?

Well my question is: can the subscribers to the XG mailing list be moved to the other mailing list, without asking every one of them to move, and to resubscribe. I suppose the answer is yes, because
I was told the move from one group to the other would be fluid and seamless. But I just thought I
would ask.

	Henry