Re: chaos

On 17 Jan 2012, at 4:51 PM, Henry Story wrote:

> There will be chaos for a little while, as the members of the XG start subscribing to the
> Community Group again.
>
> For the many of you who are only on the mailing list, why not join the Community Group too?
> Perhaps Ian Jacobs can explain what the advantages of community membership bring :-)

Hi Henry,

First of all, thanks to all of you for your work on WebID. I'm looking forward to seeing the work flourish in its new environs.

I expect that there will be some people who want to actively contribute to the development of a specification and others that are interested in following the progress, or occasionally interacting with the group (with questions or comments on the specification).

Those who contribute should "join" the group, which amounts to signing a contributor agreement. We are seeking to promote Web technology that may be implemented by anyone royalty-free. If anyone has questions about the policy, please don't hesitate to write me.

Participants also have a few extra rights such as being able to post to the group's blog or write to the group's wiki.

Coralie Mercier and I will be happy to help you out with the transition. Good luck!

Ian