Re: what are claims mirrors?

On 1/16/12 6:20 AM, Henry Story wrote:
> Kingsley keeps speaking of "Claims mirrors" in support of his arguments. What are they? How do they work?
>
> Henry

I mean the graph that is created in the IdP space. It holds a mirror of
claims in the x.509 certificate in a local key store.

We make certificates and persist them to a local keystore. We then make
a set of claims via triples in Idp oriented data space that mirrors
whats in the local key store.

If you have a relation associating a subject with a public key in a
certificate that resides in your local store, having the same relation
in your idp oriented data space via triples implies a mirror.

I hope that clears up the matter of "mirrored claims" re. WebID.

btw -- some Idp spaces will mirror other claims too e.g. fingerprints,
some can even hold a complete carbon copy of the x.509 certificate.

Founder&  CEO