Re: Testing Webid

On 14 Jan 2012, at 22:41, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 1/14/12 12:06 PM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
>> hi melvin,
>>
>> thanks for taking the time...
>>
>> i mis-judged from this doc [1] that the content-type "application/xhtml+xml" is a must for rdfa to be valid.
>> but i just found this statement here [2] which i overlooked when last "fixed" the rdfa parser.
>>
>> a text/html tolerant rdfa parser is now online @ https://webid.turnguard.com:8443/WebIDTestServer/
>>
>> wkr http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/
>> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/#docconf (at the bottom of the paragraph : "XHTML+RDFa documents SHOULD be labeled with the Internet Media Type "application/xhtml+xml" as defined in [RFC3236]."
>
> Jurgen,
>
> You continue to highlight critical points in this whole after. #2 above is a gem!
>
> RDFa is mercurial in text/html space, you continue to demonstrate yet another issue that's being left in an ambiguous state with poor end-users and plumbers to find out the hard way

How is this a bigger issue than when OpenLink Virtuoso extends what it accepts as hexBinary as you just explained in your recent e-mail to this list?

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-webid/2012Jan/0598.html

If it makes sense to extend hexBinary the way you do following the principle "be lenient in what you accept and strict in what you produce" - and I think you really have a good point there - then it makes sense to accept text/html and use a flexible html parser instead of a stricter RDFa one too, right?