Re: Matter of DN and what's possible

On 9 Jan 2012, at 23:07, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

> On 1/9/12 5:43 PM, Mo McRoberts wrote:

>>> You are wrong!
>> I beg your pardon?
>>
>> To spell it out:—
>>
>> If I have a URI of http://example.com/foo#f
>>
>> A request goes to example.com:80 for /foo, it returns a document containing descriptions of:
>>
>> #a
>> #b
>> #c
>> #d
>> #e
>> #f
>> #g
>> #h
>>
>> The consumer picks out #f. Straightforward. So how, exactly, am I wrong, given the question that you asked?
>
> The question is about URIs. I asked why would that not apply to # style of URIs? You respond with # URIs being clearly defined. So I ask you again: what do we do with HTTP URIs that aren't so well defined? Can we use them in SAN or not? If so, your end game is all about mandating a particular style of URI.

Go and read what you asked, and then what I answered. Your question directly above just doesn’t make sense.

I am now utterly convinced that you’re just trolling; this is a waste of all of our time. I’m not sure why I believed that engaging with you would produce any sort of positive outcome — it’s clear that I was mistaken. Everything stated in clear and concise language is responded to as though it has been typed in English, machine-translated to Russian, translated back to English and then posted to the list. Similarly, your posts introduce new and previously unheard-of terminology with each passing day (with no clear purpose save for obfuscation), and requests for further explanation, clarity or simple examples invariably result in either a further garbled answer (when it’s been explained to you that your posts are difficult to understand and often take many messages to get to the bottom of, you’ve explained that you multitask; I’m certainly glad we can all be afforded so much of your attention), or a statement that having failed to explain what you were going to do, we're now going to have to attempt to determine what your proprietary platform does — once you’ve implemented it — before we’re any the wiser about what is so utterly and critically wrong with the group and the specification (or the various implementations of it) and which you seemed very keen to get across. Were you not actually the founder of a software firm that I’d heard of and whose products and services I’ve used, I doubt I would have gone to the trouble of attempting to figure out what it is you’re trying to say. As you are, I’m instead wondering why that position entitles putting forth such a confrontational attitude and behaving in a way which knowingly makes needless demands upon the time of anybody labouring under the impression that you might have something valuable to say. This may be an “incubator”, soon to be “community” group, but I surely can’t be alone in expecting a certain degree of professionalism.

I’m going to continue monitoring the group’s progress, but I‘m retiring from any discussions. I’m going to have to write off the time spent as utterly wasted, which is a real disappointment.

--
Mo McRoberts - Technical Lead - The Space,
0141 422 6036 (Internal: 01-26036) - PGP key CEBCF03E,