RE: Matter of DN and what's possible

I believe you, and I dont need to get into it. I trust you on this, to get it all right. You prove it by doing it, which is what matters. just wanted to ensure you do know that there is a field, for pick up one of the "alternates" of the certs representation - much like my openid points at several alternates of my website (rss fees, atom feeds, page browsing). If you can describe a cert generically and simply leverage the SAN URI field, and tha description (having crawled, or inferred) notes where one place exists to pick up from the web one particular bit format, that nirvana. but, I think it goes beyond that. playing with your wonderful toys: http://uriburner.com/about/html/http://uriburner.com/about/id/entity/https/idweb.cloudapp.net/Home/About#me its a bug bear that every validator has an inconsistent set of SSL trust roots (so https URIs ae not viable as names). Until, one uses your proxy URI (http://uriburner.com/about/id/entity/https/idweb.cloudapp.net/Home/About#me) in which its no longer the validating agent server (with its funky linux cert store, with who knows what values) trying to talk directly to the endpoint. But it talks to the proxy for said (https) resource., either as a source of triples or as a remote sparql query agent. What we will need is for the validating agent at the enforcement point, when talking to said sparql protocol endpoint to be only doing so, over webid-powered SSL, of course. In this way, the query occurs in the context of that UAs particular set of trust points, in X.509 space, that it has marked as "reliable" (for its and only its purposes). These need be nothing more that cert:key statements in a bag, derived from the X.509 bit packets of CA certs (and existing roots). If there is one thing this years effort failed to do, it was tell the big story. This is well worth continuing, but it has to refocus into infrasrtucture (rather than web app design, and webAPI design, and browser modification, and plugins, and session control, and....). It JUST needs to do what thesemantic web is obviously perfectly capable of doing: representing a billion trust graphs (about server certs of other's folks endpoints, if nothing else). > Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 16:34:06 -0500