Re: Thankyou for saving my sanity...

On 1/8/12 2:59 AM, Peter Williams wrote:
> I cannot stand Google, but I have to be fair to them.  Its my nature
> (and my upbringing). They are the only case of consumer blogsite that
> works with webid as we know it today. And for that (degrudingly) I
> have to wward them full marks. Well done Google (Ow!) Im a totaly
> biase judge. But even I cannot deny the truth.

Yes, so you have the following realities:

1. consumer profile support for WebID via xhtml+rdfa -- Google lets that
happen via Blogspot
2. convenient use of WebID -- IE is the best option.

Things that haven't been explored since Microdata will not be allowed in:

1. consumer profile support for WebID via html+microdata -- many more
will work and the WebID tent will grow as a result.

> I recongize the future is in HTML5 (with RDfa 1.x support), Henry.

It isn't that, far from it.
HTML5 will have Microdata as the preferred option for structured data
islands inside HTML. That's what I know will happen, even though I
couldn't care less about any of the syntaxes as long -- as people have
the freedom to choose how they expressed directed graphs that serve as
entity/object descriptors.

> I dont hold you responsible, for the delay. Nirvana is always
> preferable. I just have reason to doubt you will get there. Its called
> "experience with crypto".

What about experience with mankind. People don't like revolution, they
prefer evolution.

> Das ist in der Tasche (I dont known the french equivalent, sorry).

Founder&  CEO