Re: WebIDRealm - Modes - UsageScenarios

hi,

to clarify from where the depiction and the dummy-webID come :

to be able to get debug-information to the web page i need to create a principal,
even if login and authentication fail due to some reason (parse error, certExpirationException, whatever)

the only docking-point i have (and that i can override whithout rewriting half of tomcat)
from the catalina api is a getPrincipal() method [1]. this method doesn't throw any exception
(by interface) and the only possibility i have is to either return null or a principal.

for debugging reasons i'm creating a WebIDPrincipal [2] with triplified exceptions and return
this one in case an exception occurs. It will be possible to conf this behaviour (either return a
dummy WebIDPrincipal or null) sometimes soon (either by some sort of setting or by the log4 debug level)

now a dummy user apparently hasn't any depiction but is still displayed by my profile template.

the profile template uses miss universe in case a foaf:gender is found and equals to female or in case
there's no foaf:gender present.

you can find out about the male-dummy image - by removing foaf:depiction (or temporarily renaming it to foaf:Xdepiction)
from your webProfile and add (if you haven't done so) <foaf:gender>male</foaf:gender>

wkr http://www.turnguard.com/turnguard

[1] http://docs.turnguard.com/webid/2.0/com/turnguard/webid/tomcat/security/WebIDPrincipal.html (docu still needs to be done)
[2] http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/catalina/realm/RealmBase.html