Re: design issue when dereferencing a foaf-profile with public key

Hi All,

On 29 Sep 2011, at 22:43, bergi wrote:

> btw. We have an issue "define an inverse of cert:identity" [1].
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/track/issues/11

danbri sent a mail [1]  to the foaf-dev mailing list recently, talking about the trade-offs between having inverse relations and complexity in terms of consumption and the processing of data. Personally, I would go for not having inverse relations and sticking with 1 method of expressing a given concept/relationship, but that is just me. I understand how inverse relationships make the data author's job easier, but it makes the consumption of processing of data that much more difficult.

Mischa *2cents

[1] http://lists.foaf-project.org/pipermail/foaf-dev/2011-September/010780.html

Mischa Tuffield PhD
Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com