Re: Marketing troubles - workable WebID profile generators

Hi Jürgen,

I've tried looking into the charset problem and I can't really put my
finger on it. To generate the certificates I call openssl though a
shell_exec function. I've checked the terminal charset (locale) and it's
set to en_US.UTF-8, which in theory means that there shouldn't be any
problems with the encoding of accented characters.

AFAIK my local php install is configured with HTTP_ACCEPT_CHARSET
ISO-8859-1,utf-8, etc. so that isn't the problem either.

If anyone has already encountered difficulties processing accented chars
through php, please let me know. I'll keep looking into it.

Andrei

P.S. At least I've fixed the regex function that checks the name in the
WebID generation form, so now it allows accented characters to be used
(as opposed to 0-9a-Z._-).

On 09/28/2011 12:24 PM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
> hi andrei,
>
> i was just about to type on fcns's wall...
>
> your services are working great, thanks!
> i am especially thankful for being able to delete my profile, that's not common these days and greatly appreciated!
> i personally am totally fine with editing the profile in a text box, but non-coders might do some wrong of course..
>

> for debugging : the "common name" in my new certificate doesn't display umlauts correctly.
>
> wkr turnguard.com/turnguard

>>> 2. especially so, if you create a foaf-profile without webID, there's no way to log in at all