Re: comments to references

From: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 08:49:50 -0400
Cc: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>, WebID Incubator Group WG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
To: Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl>

On 2011-10 -28, at 07:07, Dominik Tomaszuk wrote:

> On 28.10.2011 11:51, Henry Story wrote:
>> Perhaps we should have a version of this protocol as an RFC which just uses the PEM file?

No no no.  You can't just have variations of the protocol which
will not interoperate!  It is going to be a gargantuan challenge to get this
to take off and everyone to adopt it, but the one thing you give adopters
is the fact that the system will work and scale and can go viral.

If you divide the population into two incompatible halves, they will each wither away.

And if you make and RDF and a W3C spec, then please make them the same text.
Don't let the two specs be a way for people to avoid coming to consensus and sweep
actual differences under the rug.

Tim