Re: cert:int -> xsd:nonNegativeInteger

From: Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 13:25:12 +0200
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
CC: WebID Incubator Group WG <public-xg-webid@w3.org>
On 28.10.2011 13:06, Henry Story wrote:
> xsd:int would do too in fact, no need to write xsd:nonNegativeInter.
>
> The reason cert:int is there is to remove the need to import the xsd namespace too, just for this purpose.
OK, but xsd namespace is very popular, especially in RDFa. It is not big
problem to import one more namespaces (especially when we must import
two ontologies: rsa and cert).

> In fact currently cert:int could be thought of as owl:sameAs xsd:nonNegativeInteger .
My proposal is to change cert:int to xsd:nonNegativeInteger (or xsd:int)
in WebID spec. For backward compatibility cert:int can stay in ontology
as deprecated.

> My implementations usually accept all of cert:int xsd:int xsd:nonNegativeInteger and more ...
>
> see for example:
>
>    https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/read-write-web/file/c0bf9b280888/src/main/scala/auth/WebIdClaim.scala#l118
You just trim typed literal, but you do not delete white spaces in
center of cert:int literal (am I right? I don't know Scala). In
xsd:nonNegativeInteger (or xsd:int) this problem is not exist.

D.