Re: [foaf-protocols] Foaf-browser-app

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 08:04:59PM +0200, Henry Story wrote:

> While playing with the very cool Foaf-browser Android application
> [1], I noticed that there are a couple of things that we need to
> standardise to make that type of application seamless.

Hi Henry,

Since I see that you mix two of our projects, here short clarification:

The project you described in the video is the Mobile Social Semantic
Web Client (MSSW, [0]), a pure java android application, which is able
to fetch your friends and integrate them with your local address book
via jena rules (so it is extensible). thanks for creating this video -
I've linked it on our project page. A more complete overview on the MSSW
project is available here [1]. This project is stable in a sense that
some of us use it on their own phones and integrate their FOAF world
very well into our phones. It is also available on the android market
(82 active installations at the moment)

The second related project is the MobileDSSN project [3], which is a
PhoneGap [2] based HTML5/javascript/+x project (where x is plattform
specific integration code to be able to connect to the OS). Tim was very
active recently on this project and we hope to put this project even
further than the MSSW client. This project is currently not available on
any platform but will be on the android market soon. In theory, we can
also release it as a iphone app, but this is unknown terrain :)

Both application are part of the AKSW Distributed Semantic Social
Network (DSSN) initiative which tries to aggregate current technologies
into a coherent architecture for DSSN. The most recent and complete
description of this architecture is available at [4] and we will enhance
the architecture based on the experience from the implementations.

Best regards

Sebastian Tramp

  0. http://aksw.org/Projects/MobileSocialSemanticWeb
  1. http://svn.aksw.org/papers/2011/ESWC_MobileSocialSemanticWeb/public.pdf