Re: Major Milestone: WebID over WebSockets

On 5/10/11 4:31 AM, Andrei Sambra wrote:
> If you can manage to provide a solution that would
> completely eliminate the need to store certificates in the browser, I'd
> love to see it.

Is the issue about eliminating certificate + associated private key
stores in the browser or abstracting this critical component so that
users have the options that include:

1. Native OS key store
2. Browser store
3. Some other store
     - DBMS (Relational Tables or Relational Property Graph)
     - Password Protected PEM file
     - USB device
     - etc..

The concept and the implementations are distinct things. Here we are
dealing with the concept of "key storage and access".

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen