From: public-xg-webid-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-webid-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Andrei Sambra
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2011 3:06 PM
To: WebID XG
Subject: Re: SNI Support

Bergi and I have been playing with Apache over the weekend, trying to identify possible issues related to browsers not validating CAs. So far, we haven't concluded much, other than Safari seems not to support secure renegotiation (Safari: "client does not support secure renegotiation"), while Firefox 4.0 and Chrome 11 do support it.

It could also be that under Ubuntu (my test client OS), Firefox uses libgnutls26, instead of openssl. Bergi tested with Safari under Win7 and it passed verification on both his endpoint and mine. Under Windows, Safari uses the windows ssl libs (Secure Channel).

The full trace containing tests for Safari / Firefox / Chrome can be found here: http://webid.fcns.eu/apache.log.new.txt

If any of you is strong in the art of Apache-foo, please let us know if you can manage to spot something we might have missed.

Andrei