Re: [foaf-protocols] WebID test suite

On 6/28/11 10:39 PM, Peter Williams wrote:
> do use one of the standard assertion formats. Dont make a custom
> profile of it. A good test is that if you use openid or ws-fedp that
> it works with Microsoft ACS as the assertion consuming party. if y ou
> choose SAML2 (now commodity in windows!), ensure it works with ADFS as
> the assertion consuming engine. These products (ACS and ADFS) are
> "final stage" products, way post-research phase, entering the market
> at the commodization point defined as one that maximizes
> interoperability. if you can inter with them, you stand a good change
> of inteworking with the vast majority of other vendor's equivalent
> implementations.

For us middleware types, pragmatic interop is the name of the game. On
our part we'll map whatever exists to WebID in order for it to gain
traction :-)

We'll take a look at ADFS and SAML2 on Windows re. addition WebID
protocol bridging. Windows isn't foreign territory to us.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen