Re: Browser ID, WebID & URLs

Henry Story wrote:
> You seem to have made short lasting keys a necessary part of your
> protocol.
> Why is that? I am pointing out one can enable longer lasting ones too.

Long-lasting keys require a revocation mechanism. But, the revocation mechanism would likely leak information from the relying party to the identity provider about which identity is being verified. By making keys short-lived, we can avoid the need for a revocation mechanism, and thus avoids this leakage. It does mean contacting that the browser will contact the identity provider more frequently, but I do not think that is a big deal.

Regards,
Brian