Re: Browser ID

> Ok, I'll accept your arguments for why BrowserID MUST include a
> person's email address (and am starting to think it may be good as a
> SHOULD for WebID), but given that a significant proportion of Web
> users do have profiles (and that proportion will undoubtedly
> increase), I see no reason to exclude the possibility that it also MAY
> include a URI - direct to user's URI, their profile, homepage (which
> allows autodiscovery) or OpenID - all of which offer ways of
> discovering more information. One small step offers compatibility with
> loads of other systems, what's not to like?

+1 ... well put, Danny!

Ben, think long-termish and imagine the tremendous support from the
growing WebID community you can leverage by simply allowing this ;)

(BTW, good to learn that Ben found a 'new home' at Mozilla - I had the
honour to work with/under him on RDFa between 2006-2009 and I always
admired his balanced and well-informed decision-making process)

Cheers,
	Michael
--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas, Research Fellow