Re: Browser ID

On 7/16/11 9:13 AM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> But everyone has a public profile courtesy of Twitter, Facebook, Google,
> Microsoft etc.. All of that before we get to FOAF.

That's not true, and it's certainly not something I want to encourage
becoming more true.

> Privacy is about self calibration of one's vulnerabilities.

Including being able to log into a web site without ever having a public
profile.

I have a feeling we're going around in circles.

So let me suggest something else: why not base WebID on BrowserID? You
can WebFinger the email address, find the profile, and bootstrap
anything else you want on top of that profile.

Since it's clear that everyone has an email address, but not everyone
has a public profile, that direction makes more sense, I think.

-Ben