Re: WebID-ISSUE-11 (bblfish): define an inverse of cert:identity [ontologies]

WebID Incubator Group Issue Tracker wrote:
> WebID-ISSUE-11 (bblfish): define an inverse of cert:identity [ontologies]
>
> A proposal for a definition of a relation from the agent to the public key that is the inverse of cert:identity.

Is this under the scope of the WebID XG?

do you mean @rev ?

> The definition would look something like this
>
>    rdfs:domain foaf:Agent;

Is there any need to define the domain? it's only constraining uses of
the ontologies for no good reason, any agent using the property will
already be well defined as an agent, and inferably so by several other
properties.

> The cert:identity relation could be deprecated.

Any reason to deprecate? it's just a named inverseOf and does have use
cases, perhaps just document that in x scenarios cert:publicKey is
simpler to use.

> What should the relation be called. Something shorter probably.

unsure, also unsure how important the lexical form of the uri is,
publicKey seems to indicate the correct relation though, just make
sure the range is clear as to whether a hex string, formatted key, or
logic hooks are expected.

Best,

Nathan