Re: Mailing list question

Henry,

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 4:46 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:

> Do people on this list who have sent an e-mail to the list receive a copy
> of the e-mail
> they sent from the WebID W3C mail server? You could tell that a mail came
> from the W3C
> mail server because it would contain an special header such as

> http://www.w3.org/mid/SNT143-w37296BAA4CBE151FB274FC92E10@phx.gbl>
>
> where you can later - when the daemons have done their job which can take a
> few hours -
> get your archived mail.
>
> I am receiving mail from other people, but not a copy of my own. Systems
> people say I
> should be receiving e-mail from myself... And that kind of situation is a
> bit difficult
> to test.

I have received messages titled "IMPORTANT: your message to public-xg-webid"
asking permission to archive my email, which you should not receive if you
select the right option, but I don't recall getting a copy of each email I
send. Usually that's the way mailing lists work, you don't get your message
delivered to you since you should still have it in your email client. That
does not mean that you message is not archived, it's just that you don't
have the Archived-At URI in your local copy of the email. I am not sure
whether the W3C has a web interface similar to mailman where you might
specify to get a copy of your own messages.

Steph.