RE: Sentence

I posted something about this on the Discussion page some time ago.  I
think that the Suber glossary is very useful.

>From what I recall, (my action item probably wasn't sufficiently clear),
the main point of contention for us had to do with the kinds of things
that have uncertainty values.  Of course, defining 'sentence' is
probably a prerequisite to that, but it's not the final objective.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: public-xg-urw3-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xg-urw3-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Peter Vojtas
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:53 AM
To: Kathryn Blackmond Laskey
Cc: Ken Laskey; public-xg-urw3@w3.org
Subject: Re: Sentence

Dear all,
          I sugest to discuss three items together, namely what is a
sentence, proposition and statement.
      I sugest to discuss it from several points of view
  - practical examples - general and web specific,
  - definitions: what is a philosophical meaning; what are formal
models:  mathematical; computer science in web specific formal
models;....
      Please allow me to recal that last big discussion has started from

the question what is proposition and/or sentence, I sugested also
statement and have mentioned RDF example of statement and all this
discussion has followed
      Greetings
Peter