RE: [URW3 public] Re: [URW3] ... three questions based on the last telecon

HasParameterB
> = 30
>
> It is then up to a parser to correctly interpret the statements and
> then to load them into an underlying reasoning system.
>
> In this way our objective is (using the use cases) to develop an
> ontology, which describes HOW different notions of imperfect
> knowledge is represented in OWL-DL (RDF/RDFS).
>
> 	-Umberto.

I think your example nicely differentiates between the two issues you
identify; an ontology about uncertainty types and an ontology about the
ingredients of uncertainty.

But I hope that you do not propose such a way for actually capturing
uncertainty. I think such a way would create interoperability issues. So
anyone can use OWL and give to the above properties different names or use
different ways to capture the same meaning. So one would require to agree
upon a common way or common names which finally might boil down to some new
syntactical elements, i.e. a language extension.

-gstoil