Re: SSN ontology Issue

Hi Myriam,

Take into account that they are not necessarily duplicate, since they refer
to two different restrictions: the first one establishes that the
cardinality of observedBy when applied to Observation is 1, and is of range
Sensor; the second one tells you that all possible values of observedBy when
applied to instances of Observation are of type Sensor.

Imagine that we did not have the second restriction. Then nothing would
preclude us from the possibility of adding yet another restriction saying
that, when applied to observations, observedBy has cardinality 1 with range
XX, which may be disjoint with Sensor. This is because these are qualified
restrictions.

I hope that this answer clarifies your question.

Oscar

--

Oscar Corcho
Ontology Engineering Group (OEG)