From: public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-ssn-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au
Sent: 10 March 2010 23:21
To: fla@tid.es
Cc: public-xg-ssn@w3.org
Subject: RE: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 10 March 2010

Hmmm,

I guess that there are several possibilities.

-          There are sensors that measure height, and for those sensors
there will be some accuracy in the datasheet probably depending on height.

-          The height of a radiation measurement may be of importance with
accordance to some guidelines. In that case, the sensor position/location
should be sufficient

-          In other cases, a domain expert may know from experience that
“those type of sensor has a worse accuracy when it’s too close to power
lines” – for those, ‘location’ is more of a provenance/context issue and can
only be resolved with additional information. It might be an option to
include domain experts’ opinions like this in the QualityOfMeasurement (or
QualityOfInformation, as Payam suggested) in the sensor description, but
that may open that proverbial can of worms…

…hope this makes sense.

Cheers,

Holger

  _____