Re: SSN-XG Meeting Minutes 13 March 2010

Michael, et. al.,

We have been discussing at the  MMI device ontology group the issue
related to the measurement capabilities.

here is the proposed approach:

A Measurement Capability hasCondition another Measurement Capability.

So if we have:

Accuracy (range 0.4...60 m/s)
      wind speed up to 10 m/s    --   ±0.3 m/s
      wind speed over 10 m/s     -- error < 2%

we can say

instrumentA hasMeasurementCapability WindSpeedRangeA
where WindSpeedRangeA  is (0 - 10 /ms)

instrumentA hasMeasurementCapability AccuracyA
where AccuracyA  is (range 0.4...60 m/s)
and:
AccuracyA hasCondition WindSpeedRangeA

Comments ?

- Luis

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 7:48 PM,  <Holger.Neuhaus@csiro.au> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thank you for attending the telephone conference yesterday.
>
> The minutes can be found here: http://www.w3.org/2010/04/13-ssn-minutes.html
>

> Summary of Action Items
>
> [NEW] ACTION: kerry to adjust wiki and report to W3C [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2010/04/13-ssn-minutes.html#action02]
> [NEW] ACTION: kierry to adjust wiki and report to W3C [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2010/04/13-ssn-minutes.html#action01]
> [NEW] ACTION: Luis to extend the MMI example with measurement capabilities
> with conditions [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2010/04/13-ssn-minutes.html#action03]
> [NEW] ACTION: Michael to report on EGU presentation to be delivered by Simon
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/13-ssn-minutes.html#action05]
> [NEW] ACTION: Michael to upload the RDF corresponding the the wiki page
> example [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/04/13-ssn-minutes.html#action04]
>

> Please close your actions in the issue tracker once they’re completed.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Holger
>

> Dr. Holger Neuhaus
> Postdoctoral Fellow
> Tasmanian ICT Centre
> CSIRO
>
> Phone: +61 3 6232 5547 | Fax: +61 3 6232 5000
> holger.neuhaus@csiro.au | www.csiro.au |
> http://www.csiro.au/people/Holger.Neuhaus.html
>
> Address: GPO Box 1538, Hobart TAS 7001, Australia
>
> The Tasmanian ICT Centre is jointly funded by the Australian Government
> through the Intelligent Island Program and CSIRO. The Intelligent Island
> Program is administered by the Tasmanian Department of Economic Development,
> Tourism and the Arts.
>
> PLEASE NOTE
> The information contained in this email may be confidential or privileged.
> Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this
> email in error, please delete it immediately and notify the sender by return
> email. Thank you. To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent,
> warrant and/or guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been
> maintained or that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception
> or interference.

Luis Bermudez Ph.D.
Coastal Research Technical Manager
Southeastern Universities Research Association (SURA)
bermudez@sura.org - Office: (202) 408-8211
1201 New York Ave. NW Suite 430, Washington DC 20005