Re: purpose/goals for observations ontologies

John Graybeal escribió:
> Well, the use cases are quite extensive, but I am confident they will
> never be exhaustive. But the problem (as you suggest) will be that 100
> use cases serve no evaluative purpose, as they will include almost any
> requirement and demand every conceivable entity.
>
> The use cases will have to be refined and prioritized (and a fair number
> excluded, is my guess) if they are to be the basis of our determination
> of what to include or not include in the model.
>
> Unfortunately, that is "real work" that could easily take the rest of
> the year.  So it seems to me we have an impasse.

Maybe what we can do is to select the two most representative ones (by
voting or leaving the decision to some people) and work upon them.

We can later extend them if needed.

--

Dr. Raúl García Castro
http://delicias.dia.fi.upm.es/~rgarcia/

Ontology Engineering Group (http://www.oeg-upm.net/)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Campus de Montegancedo, s/n - Boadilla del Monte - 28660 Madrid
Phone: +34 91 336 36 70 - Fax: +34 91 352 48 19