Re: Social Web XG Meeting Sept 22nd: Final Report and Paul Trevithick on infocards and Higgins Project

Hello All,

Comments inline :

On 29 Sep 2010, at 06:10, Kaliya wrote:

> On Sep 22, 2010, at 4:27 AM, Harry Halpin wrote:

>> afterwards so it will definitely be the in official version. And yes,
>> an explanation of XDI (if we can keep it brief, the better)
>
> Here you go:
>
> XDI is a new protocol for describing and sharing data using XRI-addressable RDF graphs. The main features of XDI are: the ability to link and nest RDF graphs to provide context; full addressability of all nodes in the graph at any level of context; representation of XDI operations as graph statements so authorization can be built into the graph (a feature called XDI link contracts); a compact JSON serialization format in addition to XML; and a simple ontology language for defining shared semantics using XDI dictionary services.

I am no expert in XDI, or any of the OASIS related XR* family of work, but I am not sure that the above description is true? Looking at the wikipedia [1] description the above definition doesn't seem to match up. I understand that the wikipedia page could be misleading, but I wonder whether there is someone else which knows about this stuff could comment?

Quoting wikipedia[1] :

"XDI (XRI Data Interchange) is a generalized, extensible service for sharing, linking, and synchronizing data over the Internet and other data networks using machine-readable structured documents that use a standard graph structure very similar to (but not identical to) RDF. XDI is under development by the OASIS XDI Technical Committee."

And then the next paragraph goes on to say that they don't support bnodes at all...

Someone?

Regards,

Mischa

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XDI

>> would help
>> when describing Personal Data Stores.
>

> -Kaliya

Mischa Tuffield PhD
Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com
Homepage - http://mmt.me.uk/
Garlik Limited, 1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW
+44(0)845 652 2824  http://www.garlik.com/