RE: Federated Social Web and Vendor Relationship Management

Essentially a profile server I'd hazard a guess.

len

-----Original Message-----
From: public-xg-socialweb-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xg-socialweb-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Henry Story
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:00 AM
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
Subject: Federated Social Web and Vendor Relationship Management

It is really worth looking at the following video, as it explains very
clearly what the Social Web is about. Our Final Report should be as
clear as this.

 On 9/17/10 3:52 PM, Markus Sabadello wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some of you may be aware of an effort called Vendor Relationship
> Management (http://projectvrm.org).
> The idea is to allow individuals to manage their relationships with
> vendors, rather than the other way round (classic CRM).
>
> It appears that VRM and the Federated Social Web share a common
> element: A decentralized piece of software that acts on behalf of
> individuals rather than being based on centralized services. Whether
> you call this "Personal Data Store" or "Seed" or "Node" or something
> else doesn't really matter, it seems that this thing should be able to
> manage my interactions with BOTH vendors and with people (friends).
>
> So I made a video about this :)
> http://vimeo.com/15038426 (8 minutes long)

Note the symbols used to describe the different pieces.

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.