From: public-xg-socialweb-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-xg-socialweb-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Harry Halpin
Sent: Friday, September 17, 2010 11:47 AM
To: Len Bullard
Cc: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
Subject: Re: Social Network Analysis for Building Resilient Communities

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Len Bullard <len.bullard@uai.com> wrote:
> I thought some of you might find this Broad Area Announcement (BAA)
> interesting.
>

> http://www.grants.gov/search/search.do?mode=VIEW&oppId=56548
>

> "This BAA solicits proposals that will support the implementation of a
> project conducting basic research and development of components and tools
> for a computer-based system to enable local authorities to map and
visually
> represent the social networks in their communities and integrate those
maps
> into GIS displays of physical terrain, transportation systems and critical
> infrastructures such as those commonly used in Emergency Operations
> Centers."
>

> It isn't as pertinent to your final report except insofar as it
illustrates
> the serious possible applications possible given open social network data
> sources.

Thanks Len!, I'll mention this as an application of open standards

> Len Bullard
>
> Vice President, Product Development
>
> UAI Inc.
>
> Global Enterprise Software Solutions
>
> www.uai.com
>
> len.bullard@uai.com
>
> W 256 705-5175
>
> C  256 755-1641

> If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This
> message contains confidential information and is intended only for the
> disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.