Re: [diso-project] What would be the common requirements of a "distributed Social Network" project

Hello Alexandre (and others on the Diso-project mailing list),

there's a group of folks over in the W3C also working towards the
design/architecture of social network future. The group (of which I'm a
member) is called the Social Web Incubator Group. It started a year ago.

You can read a (perhaps) somewhat dusty mission statement (Incubator
group charter) page here: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/charter

I'm bringing this up because over the past year we've had a couple of
initiatives which focused on the topic of social web use cases. I think
the most current page (it's been through several iterations and I think
this is the most current/compiled version) is found here:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/RequirementsAndUseCases-WorkArea

If you want to use the content/concepts of this page or its precursor
(http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories), they are
in the public domain and the SWXG would WELCOME all inputs and
activities to help us to bring them to the next stage of wide
acceptance/use.

To edit the wiki page on which the use cases and requirements appear one
must be a member of W3C or an invited expert. But, don't let that deter
you, the requirement for invited experts would certainly be met by
thought leaders and participants of the Diso project.

Please see more info about joining this incubator here:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/#Joining

We also have a public mailing list. I'm cross posting this memo to the
SocialWeb XG list but I don't know if you can post to it before you are
a member or expert status. Anyway, there's a public archive here:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/

Each week we have a conference call (on Wednesday). The conference calls
are generally 30 minutes of group activity and 30 minutes with guest
speaker/invited talk on a topic related to the Social Web and our charter.

To review minutes of our past meetings, please visit this page:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/#Minutes

Chris Messina joined us to talk about ActivityStreams in December 2009.
See http://www.w3.org/2009/12/02-swxg-minutes.html

last week (March 3) we had Tim Berners-Lee sharing his thoughts with us.
http://www.w3.org/2010/03/03-swxg-minutes.html

I hope you'll accept this invitation to visit these pages and to let us
(the SWXG) know how the work to which I've directed you might be
advanced with the assistance of those on the Diso project.

Regards,

--
Christine

Spime Wrangler