Re: State of Social Web Update

hi Harry,

I would like to put into question the second half of the first statement
in this section of the final report. In particular my concern is with
the reason the document attributes to a "surge" in interest in Social
Web (I could even question if there is a surge of interest outside the
academic community, but I will abstain from that for the moment).

The sentence finishes...
fueled largely by the discontent with existing social networking sites's
terms-of-service as regards the privacy of data.

I believe that this is over emphasizing a hot topic in the blogosphere
but if you were to ask a dozen people on the street, you would not find
them overly concerned.

I don't want to cast doubt as to if this is somewhere on the list of
reasons. Yes, privacy is on the list. It is ONE of many "constraints"
imposed (or "liberties on the part of platform providers) which users
(members of communities) could be feeling.

Others, some of which you elude to later in the paragraph, could be
found here:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/SocialWebFrameworks2#Social_Graph_Management_Today

Regards,

--