Re: A migration path from OAuth to WebID

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:
> The following is a conversation that Dave Longley (Digital Bazaar's CTO)
> and I had concerning a possible migration path from OAuth to WebID. The
> discussion focuses on how we can build some amount of WebID adoption
> without depending on browser manufacturers to fix the client-side
> certificate UI bugs that currently exist.
>
> This came up because we're in the middle of doing our OAuth
> implementation for PaySwarm+OAuth (purchase licenses to view pages via
> OAuth - use-cases blogs, newspapers, magazines, etc).
>
> http://payswarm.com/pipermail/payswarm-dev/2010-June/000032.html

Thanks for this. I skimmed and didn't see discussion of this point,
but excuse me if I missed it:

OAuth v2 (an IETF work in progress w. implementation tracked by
Facebook and others) looks to be leaning towards using SSL/TLS in
several places, rather than the ad hoc tricks of OAuth v1.0x. How does
this affect your plans for migration / interop?

Dan