Re: Slides from Paul's talk

2010/6/9 Paul Trevithick <ptrevithick@gmail.com>

> Corrected link:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/ptrevithick/active-clients-and-personal-data-stores-4452852
>
> On Jun 9, 2010, at 11:14 AM, Harry Halpin wrote:
>
> >> From: Paul Trevithick <ptrevithick@gmail.com>
> >> Date: June 9, 2010 10:57:11 AM EDT
> >> To: public-xg-socialweb-request@w3.org
> >> Cc: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@w3.org>
> >> Subject: URIs for Paul's talk
> >>
> >> Main deck:
> >> http://www.slideshare.net/ptrevithick/swxg-201069

Thanks.  I also read your blog post on this a while back, and Drummond Reed
also blogged about personal data stores.

I do think it's the next big shift for the web ... and linked data with it's
schemaless property I think is a good fit in this area.

Kingsley Idehen has been talking about this for some time, and it makes a
lot of sense.  Also when SPARQL 1.1 comes out later this year, RDF data will
be read/write as standard, rather than read only, which I think will allow a
lot more applications to be built.

Getting through the firewall still remains an issue in terms or reach ...
it's interesting you mentioned hailstorm in today's conf call ... perhaps
that was thinking along the same lines ...