Re: Social Web XG Meeting Agenda on New Developments/Accessibility: 2010-06-02T15:00 UTC (11:00 Boston, 16:00 London)

Hi All,

Firstly, I would like to give my regrets as I wont be able to make this weeks call, but I will be in the IRC. Secondly, I should say that I am happy to help out with the final report, I am currently in the process of writing a report on decentralised social networkie stuff, and have been following the space quite (albeit) too closely. Would love to help out with that.

Regards,

Mischa *in the british library
On 2 Jun 2010, at 10:34, Harry Halpin wrote:

> Everyone,
>
>    Despite the glitches last week, we're back on track this week on
> normal schedule. First, we need to assign volunteers to sections of
> the final report as agreed upon on our last meeting. There's been lots
> of developments with Diaspora, GNU Social, OStatus - and at the same
> time, there's been a number of proposals on OpenID Connect to bridge
> the gap between Google FriendConnect and Facebook Connect and the
> like. We're going to have an update by DanBri. Then the W3C Team
> (Michael Cooper and others) involved in the Protocols and Formats WG
> will talk to us about the principles of accessibility needed in social
> networking, with a focus on user-interfaces for things like OpenID and
> FOAF+SSL.
>

>              [1]SWXG Weekly
>
>      [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/
>
> SWXG WG Weekly
>
>    1. Convene [2]SWXG WG meeting of 2010-06-02T15:00-17:00GMT (See
>       your [3]local time, i.e. 16:00 London, 11:00 Boston)
>          + [4]Zakim teleconference bridge: Boston, USA:
>            [5]+1.617.761.6200 code:SWXG Nice, France:
>            [6]+33.4.89.06.34.99 code:SWXG Bristol, UK:
>            [7]+44.117.370.6152 code:SWXG ([8]zakim calendar)
>               o supplementary IRC chat: [9]#swxg on irc.w3.org port
>                 6665
>          + chair: DKA
>          + scribe: ??
>          + roll call, comments on the agenda.
>          + PROPOSED: to meet again Wed. May 9th.
>    2. Final Report Update
>          + Now that we agree on the structure, can we get volunteers
>            to put the content together from existing content on our
>            wiki?
>    3. DanBri on Updates re OpenID Connect and more
>          + The Social Web space is been very exciting, with Diaspora
>            and GNU Social adopting OStatus, OpenID Connect looking
>            like it might bridge Facebook Connect and Google
>            FriendConnect, and OpenID v.Next moving fast. DanBri will
>            give a quick update and lots of links!
>    4. Invited Speakers: W3C Team from Protocols and Formats Working
>       Group on Accessibility in Distributed Social Networks
>          + This talk by Michael Cooper and others from the
>            [10]Protocols and Formats Working Group will go over the
>            high-level issues with accessibility in social networks,
>            with a focus on distributed Social Networks and user
>            interface for distributed identity (OpenID, FOAF+SSL,
>            etc.).
>     _________________________________________________________
>
>      [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/
>      [3] http://permatime.com/UTC/2010-6-02/15:00/Next_teleconference
>      [4] http://www.w3.org/2002/06/bridge#Zakim
>      [5] tel:+1.617.761.6200;postd=swxg
>      [6] tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99;postd=swxg
>      [7] tel:+44.117.370.6152;postd=swxg
>      [8] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html
>      [9] http://irc.w3.org:6665/sxwg
>     [10] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/

Mischa Tuffield PhD
Email: mischa.tuffield@garlik.com
Homepage - http://mmt.me.uk/
Garlik Limited, 1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK
+44 7989 199 786  http://www.garlik.com/